Tuesday, January 22, 2019

The Story Behind "As I Stand"

Looking back through old blogs I first posted this on the November of 2012, but I am sure it was written a couple of years before that. It was at a point when my depression was at one of its lowest points. It was triggered by someone who I thought I could not live without, but in reality it was someone who had manipulated me into thinking that way. In hindsight it was a toxic relationship that I am glad I walked away from. 
During that time I had lots of dark thought and honestly thought the world would be a better place without me in it. At the time I thought myself a coward because I didn't feel I could go through with any of the life ending ideas in my head, but in reality I was stronger than I gave myself credit for. My subconscious knew that the Universe was not finished with me and I still had much to learn. So instead I wrote, stories, poems, one liners of thought. It got me through so it worked and "As I Stand" was one of the resulting pieces.
You will be pleased to know I am all good now, well as good as an anxiety and depression sufferer can be when they are in control. But life is not bad and I have much to be grateful for.
The piece I wrote is to follow, please do feel free to give any feedback, thoughts or feelings xx

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© My Perfect Storm. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.